Friday, June 11, 2010

365 Project - Week Six

Week six...well, it was okay.  I got a couple of pictures I like but it was just such a crazy week that I felt like I had to compromise my pictures due to a lack of time.  I also had some very frustrating days where I would try to get a picture and I would either just miss it or couldn't get to what I wanted a picture of.  I guess that's going to happen sometimes.  I'll just keep going and see what else I can find.  :)

Here's week six!

Day 36
I went on a craft adventure with my friend Velma and her daughter Kira on Saturday!  We went to Stitch Lab in Austin and I fell in love!  This store is so cute and the fabric is amazing!  They sell felt, too!!  This awesome fabric art is hanging on the wall in the front room.  Isn't it great??


Day 37
There is a whole lot going on in this picture!  I'm not sure where to start.  This artwork is on a fence on Oltorf Street in Austin.  I have driven past it about a million times but I never really looked closely at it until last week.  I had to stop and get a picture of it Sunday before church.  In this picture you will find some kind of tiki sculpture with another round sculpture in front of it.  Then there is the big metal leaf sculpture with some kind of graffiti or painting (not sure) in the center.  At the end of that is another metal circular sculpture along the fence and a little statue on the ground.  This is the kind of thing that makes Austin special to me!


Day 38
This is what the sky looked like Monday morning on my drive to work.  Amazing!  I was lucky enough to beat traffic so I had time to stop and get a few pictures.  I stopped at three different places just to be sure I could get a good picture and I still made it to work with 3 minutes to spare!  This is the second place I stopped.  I think this picture was meant to be!

This is the first place I stopped.

This is the third place I stopped.



Day 39

I stopped to try to get pictures of a really pretty field of yellow flowers on my way home Tuesday but, sadly, there was only one place to stop safely and I couldn't get a very good picture of the field.  Once I realized I wasn't going to get a good picture I just started shooting random pictures.  This is one of the random pictures.  You can still see the field of flowers in the background so I guess I still technically got a picture of the field.  ;-)

These pictures were my original attempt at getting a a picture of the field.  It just wasn't a very good angle.
 


Day 40

I have taken a couple of pictures of the walking trail at work.  It rained a lot on Tuesday and Wednesday so by Wednesday the stream was really full.  I liked the way it looked so I decided to take another picture.

Day 41

This is what my street looks like at night!  Creepy!!!  This is the corner of the street so there's a street light just to the right of this picture.  I think it makes the street look even creepier because it's all bright right there and then it's totally black and you can't see anything!


Day 42
I had big plans for my picture today.  I work by the airport and sometimes the planes fly by our office really low since we are right across from the runway.  I waited for almost an hour and saw no planes.  I finally gave up and left.  As soon as I was on the road and sitting in a line of cars where I couldn't get a picture, a plane flew right past where I was sitting that whole time.  So frustrating!  So, I ended up just coming home.  Luckily there are some really pretty flowers in the yard.  This day lily was the prettiest.

Well, that's week six.  I have a couple of things in mind for possible pictures for next week.  Hopefully I will be able to get some good pictures.

Wish me luck!

No comments: