Saturday, June 12, 2010

Push da Button

I finally made my blog button!!  I can't believe I figured it out!  Well, technically someone else figured it out and I followed their tutorial, but I'm still pretty proud of myself.  :-)  I would like to make the scroll box with the code a little smaller at some point because it's a little bit bigger than the actual button.  I'm not really sure how to do that so for now I'm happy with it the way it is.

I followed a tutorial on ehow to make the button.  It's the same tutorial I used to make my 365 Project button.  Then I followed a tutorial from Jessica at A Few of My Favorite Things to make the scroll box.  She is so great!  I love to read her blog and sometimes she leaves me really sweet comments on my blog.  She has a lot of great tutorials about how to do things for your blog.  This is nice for someone like me who has no idea what they're doing. 

Here's the button!!
Check out my published content!
Go ahead...push it!
It'll take you...well, it'll bring you right back here!  That's what it's supposed to do!!!

It's a really simple button.  Ther'es nothing fancy for flashy about it.  The picture isn't anything special.  I just thought I would use this picture because I love buttons!  I intend to play around with some other pictures as I learn to do more with picture editing.  I just wanted to make a button to see if I could. 

I can!

Since we're talking about buttons I thought I would share a picture of the lovely gift my friend Noemi gave me this week.  She went to an estate sale and found these amazing little white vintage buttons and this super cute handkerchief for me.  Wasn't that sweet?  I have to come up with something extra special to make with these buttons.  Any suggestions?  I'm going to keep the card they are on when I'm done because it is so cute!

I used the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone to take this picture. 
I downloaded it last week and I am in love!

Today my mom and I went shopping in San Marcos and I saw this necklace.  I couldn't buy it today because I bought myself a new outfit this week so I couldn't justify another treat for myself.  I will definitely go back as soon as I get paid to see if it's still there.



That's all I have for now.  I have a couple things planned for the next couple weeks so hopefully I will have some fun posts to share with you.  It's been a crazy week for me so I haven't had any time to work on craft projects.  Sad face!  I hope to finish a project tomorrow or Monday.  Wish me luck!  :-)

2 comments:

Velma said...

I love your button of buttons!!! VERY cute!!!

I know its been a bad week. I hope it gets better and you have time for your fun things that make you feel better about life!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the button. It is really cute.

Mom