Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Treasury - Buttons!!!

It's Treasury Tuesday!  Today's treasury was inspired by something I saw in the Etsy Finds email.

Did you see this giant button from Lupin Handmade??  It is magnificent!



It's not a secret that I love buttons.  I have written at least a couple of blog posts all about the wonderfulness of them here on my blog and they are a main feature in many of my own craft projects.  Today after I saw this button I found myself searching Etsy for more buttons.  These are just a few of the fun buttons I found.


Click an item to be directed to the listing on Etsy.

Button/Paper Flower...
$2.75

SANTAS WORKSHOP But...
$8.50

Four Hole Rimmed Bu...
$6.50

6 pcs, Fabric Cover...
$2.00

Wood Buttons - Six ...
$3.95

Flower Fabric Butto...
$4.70

Ooooo Baby 15 Vinta...
$5.00

20 Painted Wood But...
$8.95

Recycled Skateboard...
$12.00

1 x Giant 8cm / 3i...
$5.00

Crochet Flower Ring...
$79.50

Oval glass buttons,...
$6.50

1 Inch Fabric Cover...
$12.00

Antique China Butto...
$14.99

Sewing Buttons - Co...
$5.00

Lot of 25 Natural W...
$7.75

Now I need your honest opinion.  I love to make buttons.  That's why I make button jewelry.  Ever since I opened my shop this year I have considered not only selling button jewelry but also making sets of buttons to sell as supplies at Dreaming in Craft.  I just can't decide if that's too different from the finished product items I sell.  Do you have any thoughts on this?  In your opinion, is it okay to sell supplies and finish products together?  Just curious.  :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tough one, because you could sell them to someone that would use them to make the same finished products you're trying to sell, which is bad for business. On the other hand, if a buyer uses them for something totally different than what you sell (buttons on clothes or something) then you're expanding your market. Is there a way to screen & select customers you would sell supplies to to limit the possibility of creating competition?
~Maja

marci said...

Yeah, that's true. I was thinking more of selling them as actual buttons instead of the flat backs that I use but now that you say that I wonder if it's a very good idea. You're smart, Maja! Thanks!