Monday, November 21, 2011

Music Monday - Float On

The holiday show is over so it's time to get back to my regular blog schedule.  That means it's Music Monday time!

Today I picked Float On by Modest Mouse. I have been listening to this song a lot lately.  It seems to be a theme song for me when things aren't going so well. 

I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to do with my life.  I just feel like things aren't going at all like I would like them to.  I turned 30 this week (EEKS!!!).  I always thought by the time I was 30 I would  know what I wanted to be when I grew up.  Well, I'm now a "grown up" and I have no clue.  In a perfect world I would have a successful business selling things I make but I know that takes time and will not support me completely for a very long time if ever.  So, now I have to do some soul searching and figure things out.  Do I go back to school?  Do I stay where I am?  If I go back to school, what do I study??  I have applied for jobs and can't even get an interview anywhere.  I feel trapped in a job I don't like, and while it's not terrible, it seems even worse knowing that I'm stuck there. 

When I get down like this I turn to music to cheer me up.  And this is one of the songs I like to listen to.



 I promise I won't have tons of posts venting about this stuff.  I just needed to get it out of my system.  I'll be back tomorrow with a new Etsy treasury!  :-)

No comments: