Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blog Action Day 2011


Last year I participated in Blog Action Day for the first time.  This is a day where bloggers come together once a year and write about the same topic to raise awareness about it.  Last year the topic was water.  I wrote a post about an organization called charity:water.  I also made Rio, a plushie to raise money for charity:water.


Rio is still available at Dreaming in Craft.  All money made from the sale of this plushie will be donated directly to charity:water.

This October 16th bloggers around the world will come together to talk about food in honor of World Food Day.  There aren't a lot of people registered under the craft category so I hope you will join in.  You can register your blog on the Blog Action Day website and also find resources to help you with ideas and information for your post.  This is a great way to connect with other bloggers, too.

Have you participated in Blog Action Day before?  What did you write about?

1 comment:

Kye Sangha said...

I did participate, quite a few years back (I think it was the 2nd one). There was no set theme that I remember, so I blogged about sponsor children.