Saturday, June 25, 2011

Toy Joy Art Show 2011

A couple of months ago I saw an event on facebook calling for local artists to apply for the third annual Toy Joy Art Show.  


Toy Joy is an awesome toy store here in Austin.  At first I wanted to apply but decided there was no way I would be accepted so I decided not to.  I kept thinking about it for weeks and about two days before the deadline I decided to just go for it.  What could it hurt to apply?  I knew I wasn't going to be accepted but I had a better chance if I applied than if I didn't.

I was just going to apply with my embroidery hoops but I really wanted to submit my plushies.  I contacted Toy Joy to see if I could submit both and they said yes.  So, the day before the deadline I put together my application and emailed it off to Toy Joy.

Guess what!  I got in!  Four of my plushies will be in the show! 


The show is from July 7th through July 10th at the 29th Street Ballroom at Spiderhouse in Austin.  The event is free and open to the public and will feature great art and music for the whole family.  Be sure to stop by if you live in the area!  :-)

No comments: