Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Round Two

This is going to be a crazy month!  Not only will I be opening up my Etsy shop (finally!), but I will also be selling at two craft markets within a week of each other.  Since First Thursday was canceled in February due to bad weather I decided I would go ahead and rent a booth for March.  The following weekend I will be sharing a booth at the 78704 market with Bridget from Love Peace Family.  I'm so excited about that one!  It's going to be fun to spend the day with her and sell our cute things together. 

When I started to think about the amount of items I had made and the amount of places I would be selling them I got a little nervous.  It's very possible that I won't sell one thing at either market and I will have tons of left overs, but I decided to play it safe and go ahead and make some more items just in case I get lucky and actually sell something!  I don't want to be unprepared and have nothing for market number two.  :-)

Last week I got to work ordering supplies to make more felt flower hair clips, fabric button rings and fabric button necklaces.  I'm happy to say that all of my supplies came in the mail yesterday so this is going to be a busy and very fun week!  I also plan to work on a couple of embroidery hoop pictures and maybe another plushie or two before it's time for the markets.  I have an idea for a new plushie that I want to try! 

I wanted to get some new fabric for this second round of button jewelry at Stitch Lab but it was such a crazy weekend that I didn't make it out there (I'll go there for round three).  Luckily I could just walk across the street to B&B Quilting and get some pretty fabric to use.  I ended up choosing a charm pack from Moda so I would have a good variety of fabrics to choose from.  I picked Sugar Pop by Liz Scott.  Isn't it cute?? 



I can see a lot of fun ways to cut these fabrics to make really fun buttons!  I can't wait to get started!  and since I got the charm pack I got 42 different pieces of fabric for the price I would have paid for one larger piece!  This gives me a lot more variety.  I'm finishing up my flower clips this week and hopefully I'll get to work on these rings this weekend.  I'll be sure to post pictures so you can see the finished products.  :-)

3 comments:

katie said...

moda fabrics are so pretty!

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

congrats on all of the exciting news!!
& I love the jellyfish rings!

marci said...

Thanks!! They are my favorite thing to make now. I love to look at the fabrics and try to find fun ways to cut them to get unique patterns. :)