Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Halloween

Hello!  I'm just stopping by to show you what I worked on this weekend.  My mom asked me to make another Corny plushie so she could give it to her friend as a gift since candy corn is her favorite candy.


I'm really happy with the way he came out.  When I made my original Corny plushie I added a quarter inch around the entire drawing because I was going to machine sew it once I sewed the applique pieces on.  I decided to use a blanket stitch instead.  I made this corny without an extra quarter inch.  His mouth came out a little more even, too!  I should really start drawing those on.  It takes me forever to just free-hand embroider it.  Oh well.  I think it's worth it.  I think it's kind of fun because I don't ever really know what the face will look like until I'm done.  It makes each one of them unique and special.  :-) 

Here is the whole family before I gave little Corny to my mom. 



I have a couple more Halloween projects planned for this month and then I think it will be time to start working on Christmas projects!  EEKS!!!  I haven't even really started thinking about what I'm going to make!  I'm also trying to come up with a pattern for a Gir plushie from Invader Zim that someone requested for a Christmas gift for their son.  If anyone has any helpful hints on that one I would greatly appreciate it.  I really don't know how to start on that shape!  I'm very nervous about this project.  It's not like coming up with my own design.  It's so specific!

I hope you have a wonderful day.  I'm off to brainstorm ideas for tomorrow's coffee break.  I haven't even thought of what I'm going to write yet.  I guess we will all be surprised!  ;-)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really like your corn family. It was so kind of you to put one up for adoption.

Velma said...

those candy corns sure are cute!!! I like the idea of not know what the face will look like until you are completely done!

Gir, he is a robot of mystery!!!

Elf said...

It's the day after Halloween but I still think your candy corn pillow pluchies are so cute, I'm definitely going to try making one! :D