Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tiny "Art" - "Hoo" Are You?



I made another tiny "art" card, but this time it was made completely out of felt!!  It's actually not quite ACEO size.  I made the graph paper that I drew my pattern on ACEO size so I made the felt a little bit bigger so I had 1/8" all the way around to sew my blanket stitch.  The card I had was rounded on the corners and I liked the way it looked so I didn't want to cut it down.  I'll try to make the next one the right size.  :-) 

This one is called "You are a Hoot!"



I know what you're thinking.  She's making owls now??  Well, technically this was supposed to be an owl with a mustache.  Velma and I have silly conversations about stuff over email all the time.  One day we decided that the owl and mustache trends were kind of strange so we would combine them and start a silly trend of our own.  So, I was going to make a tiny art card with a mustached owl.  I couldn't quite figure out how to make a mustache that tiny with felt or thread so I gave up and just made an owl.  I think it's pretty cute anyway.  :-)

I'm going to have to come up with a different thing to make to help spread the mustached owl trend.  Maybe a big felt plushie or something.  Hmmm...  Any ideas?

I figured out this entire project without a pattern or anything!  Normally I am so afraid to do anything without super detailed instructions and things to trace and cut out.  I am a nerd!  I know this is all very simple stuff, but I came up with the whole thing by myself!  I'm a little proud of me right now...even if it is a completely pointless craft project.  Baby steps!

Here are some famous owls for you to enjoy!

I love, love, love The Sword in The Stone!



Did they ever figure out how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop??



This one just brings back memories.  :-)



I had to include the owls from Harry Potter.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any of the good owl scenes to share.  I had to go with the trailer.



That's all I could think of for now.  Can you think of any other famous owls?

2 comments:

AJ said...

I LOVE IT!

Velma said...

totally love it!!!!!!