Friday, July 23, 2010

365 Project - Week Twelve

This week was a pretty cool picture week for me.  I took a few days off work so I had time to take a lot of pictures and be picky.  On Saturday my mom and I went on our little picture adventure so I had a lot of pretties to choose from that day.  Most of the days I just happened to be in the right place at the right time!  I love it when that happens!

Here's week twelve!

Day 78
My mom and I went for a picture taking walk at Stagecoach Park in Buda Saturday morning.  It's really pretty there.  There is so much there that we weren't able to walk the whole park.  We'll have to go back again...probably a few times.  I couldn't decide which picture to use so I let my mom pick Day 78.  For some reason the butterflies have been very cooperative for me lately.


Day 79
On Sunday we had baptisms after church at The Well!  Two people were baptized!!  After church we ate lunch and met up over at Barton Springs for the big event.  I took a few pictures and none of them were great.  This was the best one so I decided it would work because I think it shows you how pretty it is out there!  :-)


Day 80
I got my cardinal!  YAY!!!  I was off work on Monday so I went outside to see what I could find and this cardinal was on the fence outside.  I was too slow!  There was a brown cardinal, too, and I caught a picture of it on the fence.  I gave up and went inside but decided to go outside and try one more time to get the red one.  I was so happy I went back out.  Both birds were up in this tree.  I got some individual pictures and some with both together!  They're aren't the best pictures because they were up in a tree and kind of far, but I was so happy to get to take them.  :-)


Day 81
We went to Girlie Night at Alamo Drafthouse again on Tuesday.  They showed 10 Things I Hate About You! This is one of my favorite movies.  I still remembered every line!  :-)  I got my night picture of the Ritz sign, too!  Makes me happy!


Day 82
I saw two birds hanging out in the letters of the Barnes & Noble Sign.  They had a nest inside the "R".  I think this is the mommy (I made that up. I just decided this was the mommy and the other bird watching from the roof was the daddy).  :-)  They were watching me the whole time I took pictures.  They would jump from letter to letter and then fly away.  Then they'd come back and do it all over again.  It was pretty cute.  I decided I should probably leave them alone and let them take care of their babies after a couple of minutes...plus, people probably thought I was nuts taking pictures of the Barnes & Noble sign!!


Day 83
What I learned on Thursday: Sometimes pictures of animals just don't work!  I tried to take some pictures of Bo.  He was so not in the mood. I tried to trick him with a little fetch.  Nope.  He's apparently smarter than me!!  He still looks cute!  Don't you love the "lawn"??  ;-) 


Day 84
I got stopped by a train on my way home today.  Luckily I was in front of the line so I could take some pictures.  I took them through my windshield so they're not great but it was still fun.  :-)


Bonus Pictures

I had a few extra pictures from this week that I wanted to share, too.


Some more pretty birds



An amazing sunset



And a little cuteness!

No comments: