Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happiness is...Fortune Cookies

Not so much eating fortune cookies because they aren't nearly as good as they used to be.  But don't get me wrong.  I still eat them!  I'm all about the fortune.  It's so fun to open up the cookie and see what it says!  The possibilities are endless!

Sometimes fortunes are full of wisdom...

Sometimes they are just silly!
The silly ones are my favorite!!

I recently discovered the Soft Thai Summer Rolls at Firebowl Cafe and I am hooked!!  I get them every Wednesday before church!  So, I've been reading a lot of fortunes lately.  It's my favorite part of the meal!

A couple of weeks ago I got this fortune.
It makes absolutely no sense...that's why I like it!
I was sitting with my friend and his daughter and after I read it
she asked her dad what the end of the rainbow looks likes. 
Too cute!!! It made me smile!

Look at all these cute fortune cookie crafts!

Crochet

FELT!!!

I loved this fabric cookie so much I had to make it.  It is so cute!!!  I found the pattern at Brassy Apple.  The pattern said to glue the wire and ribbon down but fabric glue wasn't holding and hot glue made it fold weird, so I ended up just stitching the wire and ribbon to the fusible fleece.

I wonder what the fortune says...
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep."  -Scott Adams

(It's really a quote more than a fortune, but I liked it.)

Makes me happy!

2 comments:

Velma said...

too cute fortunes!! and the one you made is too cute too!!

Anonymous said...

I love it.
Mom