Friday, May 27, 2011

Creativity

The second post I ever wrote for this blog was about a TED talk given by Elizabeth Gilbert on Nurturing Creativity.  This talk has been such a great source of inspiration for me in times when I need it most.  Any time I feel less than creative and start wonder why I spend hours and hours every day working on craft projects and blog posts and business stuff I watch this talk and remember.  It's what I'm supposed to do.  I can't not do this because it's in me.  It may be hard and tiring work and most of it will probably go unnoticed but it's all worth it for those little moments where everything comes together and the inspiration is there and I can't do anything else but create.  That's why I spend hours and hours making things and working on my computer and going to markets...  :-)

I know it's kind of a long video but it is well worth the time.




I was reminded of this talk today when Etsy Austin posted a video from KLRU where they interviewed artists at Renegade Craft Fair last weekend.  They were all asked how they got started and what advice they had for new artists.  It was interesting to see that almost all of them had the same answer.  They said to learn as much as you can about what you want to do and don't give up. Great advice!





What inspires you?  Is there anything you do when you aren't feeling very creative to get that inspiration back?


I'll be back tomorrow with a new project idea for the blog.  Be sure to check back because I need your feedback to help me decide if it's going to happen.  

Hint: it's a group project that we can all do together!  :-)

No comments: