Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hipstamatic 365 - Week Five

This was a weird week for me.  The week started off really crazy making last minute plans and running last minute errands before my first craft market.  Then, Tuesday night I found out it would be canceled due to bad weather so everything came to a stop.  I can't lie.  I was a little depressed for a couple of days about it.  I have been looking forward to this and working non-stop since December to get ready.  I ended up taking off work Thursday anyway to work on my Etsy shop and just take some time to myself and re-group.  On Friday we had our snow day!  That means I got a four day weekend!!!  I had lots of time to collect my thoughts and refocus.  I'm so excited to get the shop up and running and make even more for the two markets I will be selling at in March!  :-)

Because it was such a weird week I had a hard time getting out and taking different pictures so a couple of these are similar to some of my 365 Project pictures.  I'm trying really hard to not have the same pictures for both projects because I think that defeats the purpose, but I'm not going to be mad at myself for having to compromise a little bit during this weird, weird week.



Friend
This is my little friend that  followed me around while I was taking pictures on Saturday at Stagecoach Park. 


Pierre
I finally finish my Pierre plushie!  He may be the very last of his kind.  I don't know how many more of those embroidered mustaches I can take!  ;-)

Postcards
I finally figured out a way to display my postcards at my craft booth!  For some reason this one was very hard for me.


Hair Clips
I made these cards to use at First Thursday in February because my logo isn't ready yet.  I wanted some kind of packaging so I improvised this time.  I thought they turned out pretty nice considering I have pretty much no computer skills.  ;-)


Progress
I finally made it to the second color of my Knitted Wonderland projects.  We decided to go with large stripes to keep it simple.  I barely even knew how to knit when I took on this project.  I learned how to do a purl stitch this week.  One of these days I'll take some time to practice more knitting, but now I'm just ready to get back to my list of sewing projects that I've been saving up.


Rings
I photographed all of my rings on Thursday for Etsy.  This is one of my favorites.


Snow Angel
Snow day!!!  I thought the little angel statue looked really pretty holding the snow.  It was so amazing to see actual snow all over the ground.  I'm kind of sad it's gone.  I hope we get another snow day soon.  Oh wait!  I live in Austin.  It probably won't happen again for years!  I'm glad I got some good pictures.

No comments: