Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Thursday Countdown

I have some sad news, Friends.  Due to bad weather First Thursday was canceled tonight.  I'm a little heartbroken.  I've been working towards this goal for over a month.  The good news is that I have another month to make lots more cute things for March.  I'm actually planning on selling at two markets in March so I have a lot do make.  :-)

I have decided to look on the bright side about this.  Now I have a whole month to come up with lots of new designs.  Plus, now I can focus on finishing my Knitted Wonderland project this weekend and I can work on getting my Etsy shop open.  Stay tuned.  It's coming soon!  

I was still working on getting ready right up until I got the official word came on Tuesday night so I do have a couple of pictures to share with you today.  I will continue to share pictures as I finish projects and displays for next month, too.  


Pierre
I made Pierre a while ago and thought he would be perfect to take to First Thursday.  He might be the only one.  It takes me so long to stitch the mustache!  I can't draw it on because I'm afraid I will mess up so I just free hand it.  So annoying!!!  Good thing he's cute!  I'm thinking the rest of his friends will not be French.  American owls are cute, too, right?  ;-)

 


Necklace Display
I bought this super cute neccklace tree to display my button necklaces at my booth.  I love the way it looks!  I have a few pendants on chains so people can see them as necklaces and then I have a few pendants on the other branches.  The rest are sitting on the tray at the bottom of the tree.  This is my favorite display piece so far!




Postcards
I went round and round trying to figure out how I wanted to display my postcards.  I finally decided to just buy some frames and stand them up on the table so people could see them.  I think they look nice.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to sell the postcards once these are gone.  I don't know that they really fit the style of the rest of items.  What do you think?  Honest opinion, please.  :-)




Felt Flower Hair Clips
I made these little cards for my hair clips and ponytail holders to use for this First Thursday.  Hopefully by next month I'll have my logo finished and I can make packaging with it.  YAY!!  This card was just to use in the meantime.  I loved using my new tiny hole punch to make them!  Yep, I'm a nerd.  ;-)



Okay, that's all I have for now.  I'll keep you posted on all the future pretties I make for First Thursday in March.

For now, the countdown continues....

6 comments:

katie said...

awww... I love pierre's little mustache! :)
-Katie

Velma said...

more awesome things!!!

Danielle said...

Ok I SERIOUSLY love your flower hair clips! xxx

marci said...

Thanks ladies! :)

Missy - I have some friends who asked me to make some for their kids so I'm going to be making some smaller flower clips, too. I'll post them as soon as I finish. YAY!!

Kate said...

We have the same jewelery stand! I always seem to struggle to find creative ways to work products into my display but you seem to be doing great! Can't wait to hear how your march shows go :)

marci said...

Kate - I love it! I thought it was the cutest one I saw in all the stores I went to. I'm all about cute! And it was the perfect size for the number of necklaces I made! I'll keep you posted on how it goes. :)