Monday, October 25, 2010

My Morning Soundtrack - John Pointer

Happy Music Monday!  Are you ready? 

Today I wanted to do something a little bit different for my music monday post.  I have been totally geeking out over John Pointer recently.  I saw him in Rent a couple of weeks ago and he was great.  I knew I recognized him but I couldn't quite place where I knew him from until the beat boxing started (yeah, in Rent).  I knew that the artists in the show were local artists so I looked him up.  Mystery solved!  I knew him from playing with Boombox!  And did you know he played with Ozomotli??  Yeah, loving him more and more.  I subscribed to his music page and have been listening to him almost non-stop ever since.  I don't think there is anything he can't do.  Amazing!  I was hoping to see him play a solo show in a couple of weeks but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  Sad.  :(  Hopefully he'll play some more shows after Rent is over.  I would love to see him live.  I wanted to share his cover of Belief by Gavin Degraw with you because it's so beautiful, but I couldn't find it online so I found these other great performances to share with you instead.

One by One

I think I have listened to this song about a thousand times since I downloaded it.  It is so wonderful!



The Holy Trinity of Rhythm

How does he do that???


Kashmir

Okay, that's all for now.  Don't worry.  I'm sure I'll be talking about his amazingness again as Rent gets closer.  :-) 

Don't forget to check back tomorrow.  I have a craft project to show you!

No comments: