I made this iPhone case to try out the pattern I came up with a few weeks ago.
My mom liked it enough to buy it and give it to a friend as a birthday gift. Well, she asked me to make another one for another friend this week.
This one actually gave me a little bit more trouble than the first one, but it was because of silly mistakes on my part. First I sewed the flowers down around the edges, but when I did that I couldn't really overlap the petals like I wanted to. So, I had to take them off and sew them down by the buttons first. Then, I forgot to leave space for the blanket stitch next to the flowers so I had to spread the blanket stitch out a little bit more than I wanted to. I'm still happy with the way it came out. I was a little iffy about the colors (red and purple) at first, but now, seeing them together, I think it looks really pretty! :-)
I'm excited to play around with different shaped patterns and decorations for my next phone cases. I have a few things in mind. I'm going to try to make cases for other phones, too. :-)