Friday, July 2, 2010

365 Project - Week Nine

This week was kind of a hard picture week for me.  The weather here has been terrible for the past few days.  It's just been raining and raining and raining!  Everytime I went to take a picture it was either too gloomy or too wet.  I tried to figure out fun different ways to show the rain but usually ended taking pictures of the spooky clouds.  Oh well.  Those pictures turned out pretty good so I'm happy with them. 

Enjoy week nine!



Day 57
This hibiscus is in the flower bed in front of my house.  I can't take credit for it.  I don't plant my flowers, but I sure do enjoy them.  Isn't it lovely??

I took pictures of some other hibiscus flowers around the yard, too.  These are a few of my favorites.




Day 58
There really isn't anything too special about this picture.  I needed a picture and I had a lot of stuff to do on Sunday so I went outside and took a picture of the sign at my church.  :-)

Day 59
Austin from another viewpoint.  I took this picture over at Ben White and Riverside.  I had to zoom a lot to get a decent view of the buildings.  I thought it looked kind of cool from a distance.  I'm not a huge fan of all the wires...but then I kind of think it makes the picture look interesting, too.

Day 60
It rained Tuesday!  It rained a lot!!!  I wanted to figure out a way to show the rain in a picture but it was really hard to capture.  Plus, I didn't want to get my camera really wet so I had to improvise.  I took this picture by zooming really close in on a leaf from a fern hanging on my porch.

I tried to get a picture of the ripples in this little puddle but it didn't come out very good.  I needed a bigger puddle but couldn't find one.




I thought the next two pictures could use a little theme music.  ;-)



Day 61
I had to take a picture of the rain clouds.  They look so awesome!  I went outside at work Wednesday and took this picture.  About two minutes after I took this the clouds became a big sheet of grey and it just started pouring down rain!  I got really lucky that I went outside when I did.  I was very close to waiting until I got off work.  I'm glad I didn't because the clouds didn't look nearly as cool then.

Day 62
I know it's another rain cloud picture, but I thought it looked cool how the sun was trying to peek through the dark, gloomy clouds.  I took some other pictures but they just didn't come out as good.  Oh well.  :-)

Day 63
Today I had no idea what I was going to do for my picture.  My coworker suggested I take a picture of the stream at the walking trail at work because it was flooded.  I went down to take the picture, missed a plane while I was walking down and then got attacked by fire ants!  After all that I didn't even get a very good picture!  So, I headed home with nothing.  I had no idea what I would do!  I made a last minute decision to stop at Stagecoach Park in Buda.  I stood in the rain taking tons of pictures of this really cool plant but decided it would be better on a sunny day.  I just walked down the trail and started taking pictures of this building.  There is so much going on in this picture!

Stay tuned for more pictures from today's rainy photo shoot tomorrow.  There were just too many to share here so they get their own post!  :-)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures and captions are great. Another week down with wonderful pictures.

Mom