Friday, December 16, 2011

Wheatsville Arts Festival

I have been so busy these past couple of weeks that I haven't even had a chance to tell you about Wheatsville Arts Festival.  It ended up raining all weekend so I did a very small set up.

See those pretty tent walls?  I tried to find some but every store I called in Austin, Buda and San Marcos was sold out.  Luckily the super sweet and awesome Lianne from Lizziebees let me borrow hers. 


I quickly put together a catalog with all of my products so people could flip through and order if they wanted to since I didn't have all of my inventory with me.  I'm going to take some time to make it nicer before my next show.  

Even though the weather wasn't great I was really happy with the day.  I got a lot of positive feedback from customers.  People really seemed to like the plushies.  :-)  I wasn't able to go back for day two because the rain was worse and I was worried about ruining my products.  

Time for some fun stories from the day!

I got to see some of my friends at the show.  My friends from Robo Roku and This Creative Life were there.  :-)  Renee even brought me a gluten free sandwich for lunch since I was by myself and couldn't get away.

A few of my friends came to visit me at the show, too.  My friend Noemi and her daughter Sarah came by to see me.  A couple of friends from work, Marcos and Christy came to help me out at my booth in the afternoon.  It was fun to hang out and chat away from work.  They were so nice and helped my mom and I take my booth down and load the car.  They're so awesome!

There was this really funny guy who was walking around with a puppet show.  It's hard to describe.  I wish I would have taken pictures.  He was so funny!

My favorite part of the day came when a little girl wanted to buy one of my mini owl plushies.  It was the very end of the day and I was about to pack up.  She didn't have enough money and left to talk to her mom and come back.  She came back with her dad to buy it but still didn't have enough.  He told her she couldn't get it because she didn't have enough to buy it and they walked away.  I could see she was really sad about it so I decided to let her have it.  It was enough to know that she liked that little owl so much.  Her dad insisted on giving me the little bit of change she did have.  You should have seen her face light up when I told her she could have it!  It made me so happy so see that.

Even though the day was a little slow because of the rain and I couldn't go out for day two I think it was one of my best shows yet.  I got to tell a lot of new people about Dreaming in Craft.  A bunch of people will be receiving Dreaming in Craft plushies for Christmas.  And one little girl reminded me why I love what I do.  :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be sure to check back this evening.  I will be posting the next Dreaming in Craft giveaway!  You don't want to miss it.  There are only two more giveaways left!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

You are awesome :) You made my heart smile (because I knew that the little girl was going to have her owl before I even finished the story - because that's who you are )

:)