Thursday, September 29, 2011

Confessions

Confession time.  I usually try to leave this kind of stuff off the blog because it's supposed to be a fun place to share my creative adventure with you.  But, since this is a part of that creative adventure I'm going for it.  You can read it or skip it.  It's up to you.  I'll have more fun and happy posts this weekend.  :-) 

As you may have noticed my blog posts haven't been as regular as they used to be for a while now.  Well, here's why.  I have been working hard getting ready for the holiday show and it is consuming most (ALL) of my time.  When I do have time to blog it's at 5:00 in the morning or 11:00 at night and I'm too tired to even think about writing anything.  I have fun ideas but no energy to write about them.

Don't get me wrong.  I love what I'm doing.  This post may not make it seem that way, but I do.  Being creative and making things is what I want to do.  I just wasn't prepared for all that goes into it.  I have about a month and a half left and I'm way behind where I would like to be.  I know that things will be better once I get through my first show but right now I am stressed.

I don't know how much to make, I have to buy everything and time is going way too fast.  All of my money is spent on supplies and displays.  I'm starting with no inventory and no displays.  Since I'm so busy preparing I can't take the time to sell at any smaller markets so everything is coming from me and money is tight!  Since I am so busy I don't have time for anything else and I'm pretty sure  most of my friends have forgotten that I exist.  It's kind of a lonely time but this is really the time I need a friend to talk to the most.

I have so many new product ideas but no time to work on them.  After the holiday show I'm going to work on Christmas orders that I have already received (YAY!) and then I'm going to focus on new products.  I can't wait!  I love making the products I have now but I am ready to get creative and experiment with new things.  I do have a couple of new things I'm working on for the holiday show so I'm excited about that.  :-)

When I get really down I try to remind myself that I'm doing what I love and that makes it worth all the stress.  I think this is the first time I have ever been really sure about something.  This is what I want to do.  My hope is to work on growing my business enough to do this full time in the next few years.  I know it's going to take a lot of work and I'm going to fail and make mistakes and have to try new things to figure out what products work and how to run a business so I have to be patient.  That is easier said than done.  ;-)


It feels good to get that all out.  It really does relieve the stress a little bit to vent about it.  Hopefully I can move on and finish preparing for the show.  If you survived this post and decide to come back I will have a new zipper pouch design to show you this weekend.  It's my new favorite!

What have you been up to lately?  I'm so behind on blogs.  I miss you guys!

2 comments:

grrfeisty said...

good luck with everything! prepping for the holidays is always stressful! i need to make a schedule for myself soon or i will not be ready in november :)

marci said...

Thanks! I'll be better once I get this first show over with. I just have no idea what I'm doing! You're doing ACR, right?