Monday, June 6, 2011

Music Monday - Blue Valentine

Yesterday I finally watched Blue Valentine.  That was a sad movie.  But is was so good.  I have mixed feelings because it had a great love story but it was so hard to watch it fall apart.  Just see it.  Then you'll understand.

There is a song in the movie that I couldn't stop thinking about after it was over so I looked it up and found that it's called You and Me.  The group is called Penny and The Quarters.  Have you heard it?


This song is a rehearsal that was recorded by Numero Group in a studio some time in the seventies.  The tapes were put away and lost for years.  No one really knows anything about it.  They haven't been able to find any members of the group.  It's a mystery.  I wonder what would have happened if that group had actually been heard all those years ago.  Just imagine all the great music they could have made.  I'm happy we got to hear this one.  It's so special.

This is one of my favorite scenes from the movie.  The song is called You Always Hurt The Ones You Love.  It's an old standard that has been recorded by many different artists since the 1940s.


Whoever picked the songs for this movie did an awesome job!  I love it when a movie looks outside the mainstream to find really special songs that fit just right.  

3 comments:

Oh, My Darling said...

There is, indeed, something very special about the songs from this movie.

Mandy Ferrugia said...

I have really been wanting to see this! Everyone keeps talking about it, it sounds so good!

marci said...

It's really good. Very sad, but so good. You should definitely see it.