Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sneak Peek - Fabric Buttons

Fabric and buttons.  When you put them together I am one happy crafty girl.  :-)  I made a bunch of fabric buttons this weekend for a project I'm trying out.


I used all scrap fabric.  I try to keep all of the scraps that are big enough to cut small pieces out of for projects like this.  I'm so glad I do.  I love these!  In this set I have pieces from both of my quilts, a One Yard Wonders project, my co-worker Christmas gifts and fabric from a bag of really cute scraps I bought at Craft Riot.

I have so many ideas for things I want to make with fabric buttons, but I'm starting with just one for now and I'll slowly add to the collection as I have time and money for supplies.  My thumbs are killing me from pressing them.  I made 33 size 30 buttons and 33 size 36 buttons.  It was so fun!!!

I got the rest of my supplies in the mail and finished the project last night!  I'm pretty happy with it.  I've been wanting to try fabric button projects since I started this blog but never got around to doing it.  I'm so glad I finally did!  I'll share the finished product later this week.

4 comments:

katie said...

oh these are really neat! I love all the different fabric you chose!

Cheryl said...

Really cute. It is hard to choose which one I like the best.

In Other Words... said...

i really like these! they look very nice. the people you'll give them to will be happy, i know i would!

Velma said...

I like that one, and that one, ooo and that flower one! very very nice!!!!