Monday, September 27, 2010

I Heart Stop Motion - Breathe Me

Hello all!  It's going to be another crazy week!  I have a babysitting job on Wednesday night so I'm losing a night of crafty time.  I'm so behind on my projects!  I have something to finish today or tomorrow and a couple of things I plan to work on this weekend.  So, hopefully I'll have some pretties to share with you this weekend and next week.  I have a couple of things to share with you in the meantime. 

Today, I'm going to share a stop motion video with you.  It happens  to be a music video so you get a pretty song, too!  ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breathe Me
Artist: Sia


This is Sia's video for the song Breathe Me.  I love this song so much.  I hear this song and it sounds like a prayer to me.

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

When I saw that the video for the song was a stop motion video I loved this song even more.  I love it when people take polaroids or printed pictures and make them into stop motion videos.  It's like a double stop motion.  Can you imagine all the work that goes into something like this?  It's very impressive!

As most of you know I have been talking about wanting to make a stop motion video since I started this blog.  Well, I've been setting some goals for myself for the next year and I think this is going on the list.  I don't have any fancy equipment.  Just a little Canon Powershot and my computer.  But, I've done a little research and found that it's workable.  I will have to start small of course, but I'm very excited.  It's still going to be a while before I do this because I have some other things I want to work on first but it's going on the list!  :-)

Any suggestions for stop motion ideas?

2 comments:

Velma said...

love it and love the song
I can't wait to see your own stop motion!
I think you should do something with owls ;)

Oh, My Darling said...

Sia is so fantastic!! This is by far my favorite song of hers.