Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Heart Stop Motion - Surprisingly Alive

I’ve been having some minor computer issues that I was hoping to have resolved this weekend.  Things never seem to go the way I hope when it comes to computer issues.  Hopefully it will all be resolved today or tomorrow!  I’ve been trying to come up with some fun things to share with you while I’m waiting for my computer.  I just didn’t want you to think I had completely abandoned posting my own projects since it’s been a while, so I thought a little explanation was necessary.

I have been keeping up with my 365 project.  I just haven’t been able to upload the pictures.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get it all uploaded in the next day or two so I’ll be ready to post them this weekend.  I also have two really fun projects I’m finishing up and two more that I’m going to start this week.  So…as soon as my computer is back to normal I’ll have lots of fun things to share with you.

This weekend I’ll be working on a sewing project for a friend, too.  It’s not really crafty but I think any opportunity to sew is an opportunity to improve my skills so I’m excited about it.  And it made me so happy that she thought of me when she needed something sewn for her daughter!

Since I can’t post any projects today I thought this would be a good opportunity to share another of my favorite stop motion videos!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Surprisingly Alive
T-Systems Multimedia Solutions
By: Florian Stumpe, Melanie Spintig and Sebastian Manger
Music: Toxu Kim.

I’m sure you can guess why this is one of my favorite stop motion videos.  First, it’s a stop motion video!  Second, everything in it is made of felt!!!  This makes me happy!

This is a commercial made for T-Systems.  The idea of the video is to illustrate that T-Systems is a part of every community.  The video starts in the country and then moves into a village and then a town and finally a big city.
I love that they used such a simple way to share the company’s goal.  They could have used all kinds of high tech gadgets.  Instead they cut cute things out of felt and attached them to strings to animate them.  Sometimes simplicity is the best way to go.

They posted some behind the scenes photos of the whole process on Flickr.  It’s so fun to see all the work that goes into these videos.

2 comments:

Velma said...

very cool!
I hope the computer comes back to the land of the living soon!!

Maggie said...

Wow, thanks for sharing this video, it's so cute! And I can see why you like it, the felt pieces are amazing!