Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bella Stella

I am so excited to introduce you to Stella!!!



Name: Stella
Date of Birth: 7/31/2010
Favorite Color: Tickle Me Pink (It's an actual color!)
Favorite Food: Watermelon (Yum!)
Favorite Hobby: Playing in the rain
Favorite Song:

(Yep...Stella's a Gleek too!!!)


*********************************************************************************
Stella is my first mini monster.  I loved making Seymour so much that I couldn't wait to make more monsters.  I thought it might be fun to try some mini monsters, too.  Plus, Seymour needed to have a plushie monster of his own.  ;-)

I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.  I went into this project knowing that I wanted to make a mini monster but I had no idea what it would look like.  I started out with some graph paper (I can't draw) and drew a very basic shape.  Then I just started cutting.  I trimmed it down until I got something I liked.  then I just made up the face as I was making it.  I think on future mini monsters I may have a little bit more detail...maybe something on the body.  She looks a little plain compared to Seymour.

I gave her the name Stella because she looks a little like a star.  Star in Italian (according to the internet) is Stella!  It's the perfect name for this little star-shaped monster!

I think felt monsters is my new favorite thing to make.  I can't wait to get started on my next one.  I have some ideas...just have to find time to make it.  I can't wait!!!  :-)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love Stella. She poses well for pictures. She should be very proud of her body. Every stitch was made with such precision. Can't wait for the next monster.

Velma said...

I LOVE her!!!!!

Danielle said...

Oh MY!! Absolutely adorable...seymour too!

In Love...

Missy
xxx