Monday, July 12, 2010

Craft Academy - Fabric Envelopes

We learned how to make fabric envelopes in Craft Academy last week.  They are very easy to make and I love the way they look.  I got to learn how to use some new crafting supplies for this project, too!  I had never used fabric stiffener or fray stop before.  I was a little worried about  how it would mess up the color of the fabric but it really didn't.  Now I love it!  I can't wait to find other projects I can use them on!

I chose two fabrics for this project.  I couldn't decide what I wanted so I narrowed it down to two.  One is dark blue and the other one is light pink.

I loved the way the first envelope came out except that I wasn't thrilled with the shape I chose.  It's a little too square.  I'm going to use this one as a coupon holder to keep in my purse (great suggestion from Renee).



I made the second one a little more rectangular so it actually looks like an envelope.  This will be perfect for sending a letter to someone very special!  :-)


Bridget from class made a great suggestion that I make a felt applique envelope similar to the postcard I made.  I love the idea.  I was actually thinking about doing it before but I thought that people might think I was being a little too felt crazy.  I'll probably wait to make that one until after class is over.  I'm finally getting caught up so I really don't want to get behind again by adding more projects.  This just gives me more time to plan what I want to applique onto my envelope!  ;-)  I'll post pictures of it when I finally get around to making it. 

I think this project will be great for Christmas time.  I may actually get around to sending out Christmas cards this year!  I'll have to come up with some great crafty Christmas card to put inside my great crafty Christmas envelopes.  :-)  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

These are so pretty, and unusual too! I will have to have a go! Lovely blog!

I am having a giveaway,
www.curiouskey.blogspot.com
Stop by and have a look!

Missy
xxx