Friday, June 18, 2010

365 Project - Week Seven

I have been spending my time trying to plan my pictures before I actually go and take them.  I like to do that so I'm not worried at the end of the day that I won't get a picture.  This week I have been really tired and my busy days finally caught up to me leaving me very tired.  So, I decided that I wouldn't worry too much about my pictures and just take pictures of things I encountered naturally in my day.  I guess I felt like I had to try to get spectacular pictures all the time and if I didn't I was really disappointed.  I think it's great to get a special picture every once in a while, but I also feel like I get some great pictures on the days I plan nothing and just take random pictures.  Somtimes I can't take extra time to go out of my way to get a picture.  Sometimes those are my favorite pictures of the week.  Lesson learned.  :-)


And now, for your viewing pleasure, week seven...

Day 43
I took so many pictures for my 50th blog post on Saturday when my mom and I went shopping and then to our quilt class reunion, but somehow I completely forgot about my 365 picture!  Oops!  Luckily we went to some cool places (Paper Bear & Centerpoint Station) so I could just use one of the pictures I took for my blog as my Saturday picture, too.

Day 44
Just a picture of the Green Mesquite.  Makes me think of Austin.  I drive by it a couple times a week on my way to church and it's just such an Austin place to me.  So, I took a picture.  Not much to it.  :-)

Day 45
I know, I know.  I have a weird sky obsession.  I especially love to see a beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds and a huge open field.  It's so lovely.

Day 46
Went to Girlie Night at Alamo Drafthouse on Tuesday to watch Adventures in Babysitting with my girls!  It was so fun!  I wanted to take a picture of the sign when it was all lit up at night but I took a daytime picture just in case I forgot after.  Good thing I did.  Yep!  I forgot until we drove past it and it was too late.  We're going back next month so I'll get the night time shot then.  I was a little disappointed that every picture I took had a glare but I guess that can't be helped.  I'll try again next time.

Day 47
I have been trying to make an effort to change the way I drive places so I can find new things to take pictures of.  Isn't this fence cool??  I saw it a few days ago when I was driving home from work and went back Wednesday to take a picture.

Day 48
Stairway to heaven or just stairway to my car?  After a long day at work I really don't think there's much of a difference!  :-)

Day 49
These beautiful crepe myrtles are everywhere and they're all in bloom right now.  They always make me think of Dr. Seuss!  They don't really look like Dr. Seuss trees, but it's a pink tree!  Who else would have a pink tree??  I love Dr. Seuss!!



I took pictures of some other crepe myrtles today to see which one I liked the best.  I thought I would share the pictures that didn't make the project.

1 comment:

chelsey. said...

uh my god adventures in babysitting! love it!!!